Wednesday, April 26, 2006

1st orientation day!

Today was my first orientation day. I was late. 10.00am start but reached there at 10:30am. Stupid jam. Then, waited for Farah, she took the wrong turn & heading to Kajang. Haha. We both reached the hall at 11.00am sharp. The people on the stage, talked & talked & talked & talked. I heard the phrase "Welcome to UCSI!" at least 20 times in 3 hours. Can simply die man.. But lucky that student affairs president was cute though.. from Chicago, woke me up from other same old speeches, but my ass really hurt man. Sit so long. Most of the students there today are mostly super freshies.. all just grad from high school or A-levels & all, so they look super young, I'm not trying to say I'm old (haha,very funny.. Farah's older than me tho.. hehe) but we looked like old chiqs sitting there, listening to all the VPs talking. I was so bored, observing around, there were parents there too.. hahah sleeping on their chairs man.. beh tahan..~
Aiyo, how leh? 6 subjects! Everyday class man. Travel there everyday meh?! Not full day la.. but still gotta be there everyday.. Kanasaii!! No difference with work leh.

Did some comparison though -
UCSI
- Everything bout them is E this & E that. You can choose or drop your subjects online.
- Own student email
- Online forum & discussion with your lecturers.
- Everything more advanced & organized.
- Lecturers are experienced & labs are all fully equiped.
- Whole campus = broadband.
Limkokwing
- Internet 3 out of 5 days not working or super slow
- Computer labs locked. Duno pay resources fees 1k for what.
- Find lecturers? Early booking. If not, they won't see you.
- Even you want to pay your fees, they send you from bursary to staffroom to registry then back to bursary again. Receipt also must wait for them to write & it looked like Seafood Restaurant long long long receipt but with a black bird.
- Registration or drop subjects. PLEASE queue up for 2 days.
- Lecturers? Fresh grad from diploma also can be your design co-ordinator.
- Whole campus? Look unfinished & BLACK!!

It's not that I'm starting my studies at UCSI then I'm bad-mouthing limkokwing or anything ok. No offense. But if you pay for my whole degree fees to study back at limkokwing, I rather stuck with only diploma for the rest of my life. Appearance is like.. "Wahh.. Limkokwing wor.. Cool.. High achievements" Behind the curtain.."My foot larr!! the bloody sucking uni. Go for intern 4 months also have to pay uni 8k. WTF?!?" The 8k issue, I heard from my juniors. And another thing is.. those who studied before at limkokwing, definitely wouldn't want to go back to limkokwing again. I've got statistics to prove it man.. Haha..

This Friday quit job. Next Tuesday start class!!! What the hell!!?!??!

2 comments:

HuiChuan said...

Lol! All the best! At least you have another shot at studies after working for some time..I'm stucked here!! haha! Ehem...but not complaining...I think we still got TGV jobs for you when u graduate...

Michelle said...

wahh.. want meh? haha still tgv ar? hehehe.. study? actually quite unprepared yet.. but well, wat to do.. try to adapt lor.. sienzzz