Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Daddy. Father.

I hate fetching my dad to airports.
Hate the feeling when I watched his back walking into the terminal.
I felt so sad.
I know it's common for him to fly on business trips..
at least a week every month since I was a kid..
But ever since I started sending him to the airport...
on the way there.. we were just talking and talking.. over any issues or obstacles I've encountered lately.. kicking back old funny kiddy memories.
Today my sister came with me..
started talking bout education.. her school, my friends.. his work.. etc etc..
I was just keep trying to keep the whole journey there more alive.. talking and talking..
avoiding silent moments..
Finally when we were there.. helped him with his luggage up the cart..
I felt stoned, slightly not so happy..

Watching his back,
stood by my car,
watching him heading towards the terminal entrance..
I felt sad.
Driving back.. tears drop silently. Just a few drops.

Whyyy early fifties d.. still have to fly here and there every month..
so much hard work.. so many wrinkles to count his worries..
as much white hair to bring a perfect dinner on our tables every night.
so much of his.. so many of his.. makes me strive even harder towards my success..

Sigh.
Hated the fact that he is still working so damn hard despite he's the boss.
One working to feed so many mouths, ain't just my family.. instead the "whole BIG" family.
Hated the fact I'm always worried over him when he's on business trips.
Why oh why.. sigh.. I'm so flatteringly emo.

The real relieve is..
not the stress leaving me after finals..
or.. a huge shopping spree after not shopping for months..
or.. a huge huge meal after successfully drop pounds..
but the real damn relieve is to see him walking out from the airport, smiling on the day we stood there waiting.

Sacrifice.
Tears.
Anger.
Laughter.
All worth it.

The appreciation.
To dad.
And to mom.
(Thanks for being there always and staying strong when daddy's not around though a lil' grumpy her that I can't tahan sometimes.. hehe)





p/s: business trips ARE NOT extra "out-door" activities like some pervs out there are thinking. Ass.

No comments: