Friday, November 17, 2006

lingering.. school.. graduations...

I went to my sister's primary school graduation today.

Other than some kids running around me, knocking me like bowling pins.. young girls dressing out sexy, just-reached-puberty guys checking out kinda-crap.. it was quite amusing actually.

It brought me back into my school time-trails..

I was late though. Wanna skipped all the PTA speeches and welcoming greetings. I asked my dad to save me a seat. I sat there.. looking around the big huge hall, reminds me that.. both schools (Sri Lethia and MHS) had got no big halls. HAhaha..


Ten years apart.. my age gap with my sister. Things really changed quite a bit.. or should i say a lot. Back then.. when i was like.. std. 6.. we were like so into boyzone, backstreet boys.. yeah 911 too.. *ugh*.. most of the performances we did we like.. so traditional. Traditional malay dance, traditional indian dance.. traditional chinese dance.. fan dance.. ribbon dance.. dikir barat.. choir.. and yet that time we thought we were "cool" 'cos we're so active in school. Well.. as far as I can remember me and my clique of buddies were really really active in school activities.. hehehe.. ain't bragging ok??? ....


TODAY.. what performances i saw today in her school were like.. modern dance.. breakdance.. modern dance.. modern dance.. modern dance again.. all modern.. the breakdance.. was really good actually.. i was so stunned.. they could really do the streetstyle hip-hop kinda thing. My sister's friends were a part of the jolin-fast dance gang. the teriyaki wannabes. (the rehersal dance they did in my house during my sis's bday *click*) wooo~~ were they good or what... and they dressed like (u know la.. cina cina street-styles.. layers and layers).. showing their 'new' cleavage.. sexy legs.. immature body i should say.. but well.. it's alright for me.. i wanted to snap some pics.. but damn.. i borrowed the cam to her.. mana tau.. she only took pictures of her friends downstage. *sighz*


But wat I found typical was that.. I was from a english school.. so all our performances were english-based.. a bit malay too.. BUT for them.. everything in chinese.. and i really mean.. EVERYTHING!!!! so banana like me.. err.. need some translations and readings from my mom. Hehehe..

Expectedly.. all her friends cried. Last day. All going to different high school. Even same high school next year, they cried also. Cried like serious buffaloes. I waited for them cos kena be her driver la.. fetched them to Jusco for James Bond before i could leave for work.

When i saw them.. all eyes red red. slightly swollen.
I told my sister, "Go hug the pillar.. i give u ten seconds for your last cry here.."
All I got in return was just a *snare*~~~

I did not cry back then during my time 'cos all of us going to the same high school, MHS. From one private school to another. So.. therefore.. not much tears though.. but i do remember we did cried a bit in Form5 grad. Junwei started it when we sang the school anthem. Damnnnn....~~~

Really make me think back of my school times. Serious.
So i went digging my photo albums just now when I finally finished all my work.
Scan a few 'cos some pictures were really old.. colour faded too~..

this was taken back in kindergarten - Bunga Raya
some butterfly running around the flowers and beetles.. and a few bumble bees...
i remember they put lipstick on my face as blusher.. *yEEeeeerrrrr*



back in primary school - sri lethia
if not mistaken.. this was on my grad day too~
ya.. guess what song this modern dance was to..
backstreet boys - get down..
ahhahahhahah!!!!~ told ya we love bsb..
eventually layfong and sheahmei wanna be Mrs. Carter..
hehhe back then punya pasal la..





above - the guys doing their dikir barat.
charlie and glenn.. lead "singer"
sigh.. see how much everyone had changed.
*LOL*

below - PTA night in shah alam club
we got involved in this indian dance for years man.. seriously..
used to walk around little india to rent our costumes and all..
can find me? hehehhe



malay dance?!??!
when we were in sri lethia.. we were always the indian dance group..
then when we were in mhs.. we were always the 'traditional' malay and chinese dance group
every little occasions in school.. u'll see our names up the events' schedule.
hahahhaa.. *miss miss*





check out raymond and charlie.. ain't they innocent?!?!?
hahahhaha.. and i repeat.. see how much they have changed?!??!?!
the last time i saw glenn was like.. form 5?? heard that he went straight overseas for his studies and that he grew so much taller than raymond d.. *still growing, i think*

i want to go back to high school!!!~ err.. primary also can lar.. hahaha
when u start to grow.. when u start to flirt.. when u learn bout puppy love..
when u get ur first kiss.. the butterflies in fluttering in ur tummy
where u don't have to drive..
where u don't have to worry bout money..
where u don't have to think what to wear the next day
where u don't have to be that responsible
where u just can be a kid..

i
want
my
childhood
back.
period.

No comments: