Tuesday, October 24, 2006

raya dinner at home

Raya is not only celebrated by Malays you knoww...

Haiz. Thought I can rest on raya holidays, mana tau, my mom wanna to have this so-called 'raya' dinner gathering in my house with her best buddies.

Dicing, mincing, cutting, chopping, blending all the chillies, gingers, garlics, onions and all was really really.. HORRIBLE. My mom don't like those ready-made curry paste or sambal and stuff.. so me and my sis really ought to help to do all those goreng ingredients stuff and it can really choke me off man...



She was like cooking cina style briyani rice. Why I say cina style.. cos I think it's kinda weird to put mixed vegetables into the rice lar.. and I really missed Farah's mom's prawn briyani nice.. SUperb!!! Fingers licking good!!!~ Hehehe.. but my mom's also not bad lar.. not that I wanna bodek her.. but seriously it tasted really good.. more oriental lerr.. don't have that malay taste. Hehehehe...



Briyani-in-making..



She really like mixed vegetables lar.. I really don't know why. When I make spaghetti for dinner sometimes.. she really urged me to put in mixed vegetables into the sauce which I really HATE. So I always chase her out from the kitchen when I'm making dinner. She popek popek popek none stop. I have my WAYS ok. Hahahaha.. but I still need her help in more complicated Chinese food le.. then.. she's useful. Hehehe.. *bad bad*





Of all the food. This is the BEST. SPICY ASSAM prawns. HMMm!!!
*slurpz*

Serious. A lot .. and I mean.. A LOT of compliments she get on this dish.. err.. like forever. AHahhaha.. Best-seller on the table though. My dad ask her to go sell nasi lemak at pasar malam. She actually gave it a second thought.. but when she thought of cooking like hell, and dirty pots and pans.. she gave up faster than you say it. Hahaha..





Nice BBQ chicken but I only eat ONE.. Last dish, but I see none left on the plate as soon as I placed it on the table. The kids.. really like it. My brother's friend, Jack ate four. Holding each at one hand. Cutie pie. Dad's friend was like.. "Mai la.. Mai liao la.. Par liao!!~ " Who knows, he ate 2. Haha. Adults.. sometimes really act like kids. =P



Mom's friend pulak.. learning how to make ketupat. First time though. Err.. not that nice le.. well, but at least.. it look successful.. hahaha I mean.. it really look like a big fat delicious ketupat before eating it lar.. hahaha



Every one freaking ketupat is like 200g. haha.. I was like.. "sai mm sai ar??" I mean to me it's really heavy la.. but I not sure of how heavy a ketupat should weigh. I was at awe!!! ahahahha.. my sister looked like she almost faint when she weigh it just for fun. Started screaming.. 200g!!! so FAT!!! hehehhehe.. nuts

* DINNER TIME *



Peter. My mom's friend's son OBVIOUSLY. Seems like he's enjoying huh? Heheh.. candid pic. He didn't know about it. The dinner went well.. and I look like a FOC waitress walking here n there refilling cups and glasses. Though it was like only.. 8 guests excluding my 5 members family. Busy like hell. Talking to ah soh, ah kong.. have to smile smile lagi. Hehe here.. hehe there.. hello here.. hello there.. haiz. SusAH you know.



Meanwhile this 2 kids, brother (left) and Jack hiding in the room playing Monopoly, UNO and cards. Jack slept at my house for 2 nights. 2 boys sleeping side by side on a King size bed. Hmmm.. Don't CINCAI think la.. Aisehh.. puberty also haven't reach. Hehehe...

Being kids.. So nice. Escape from stampede in the kitchen. Why am I born as a girl with breasts, PMS and table-waiting jobs? Not that I'm complaining.. err.. YA.. i'm COMPLAINing.. like a MAD cow. Creep.

Haiz. It's like I am celebrating Raya without puasa-ing for a month nia. But it was fun though.. just tired. Next next Saturday.. gonna be super hectic!!!.. I cannot imagine 40 just-reached-puberty-12-years-old-kids in my house, acting like they're the coolest subjects in the world, learning how to rebel, getting all flirty with "i know u like me.."+ "u like him rite??"+"he is so cute"+"keep a secret.. don't tell him i like him".. UghhHH!!!!! God give me enough strength and patience to tahan the whole afternoon till night. My freako sister is having her birthday party at home!!!~~ Inviting all her kiddy friendss!!! *screaming very LOUD*



ps : Daryle.. when I see this. It reminded me of you and MY joke. Hehehehe..

No comments: