Thursday, August 17, 2006

movies lately

Come. Let's be a movie critic today. I've watched a couple of movies lately and they were all ain't that bad.

-----

Movie - The Lakehouse
With - ManYee & Paul

Heard that the reviews on this film were BAD, really bad. Critics hate it, as they find the movie illogical. It was adapted from the Korean Movie - Il Mare.



But honestly speaking, the movie to me is so so seducing. Just put the logical aside first, pay your full attention to the story of the movie.. the sparks, the chemistry, the love... lastly the impossible!!~



Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves... ooo~~ HOT!!! Keanu Reeves is the man, THE MAN that got me all gaga over the movie 'Constantine'. Hot, Macho.. ugghhh undescribable manliness.. ahhaha.. True that the fact this movie is SO illogical but it ain't piece of junk. For instance, do you think Star Wars is logical? Harry Potter? LOTR?? Dream asses.



They correspond through the lake house’s mailbox they confirm that they are, incredibly, impossibly, living two years apart, and each at a time in their lives when they are struggling with past disappointments and trying to make a new start. Sharing this unusual bond, they reveal more of themselves to one another with each passing week--their secrets, their doubts and dreams, until they find themselves falling in love. Determined to bridge the distance between them at last and unravel the mystery behind their extraordinary connection, they tempt fate by arranging to meet. But, by trying to join their two separate worlds, they could risk losing each other forever.

I really enjoyed this movie. A lot. Every second of it. Call me ninny, I still stick to this movie. In a split second, they did mention about Frank Lloyd Wright & Mies, hahah I felt like I'm back to Theories lecture. Sighh.. The whole romance and fantasy thing in this film. So much of emotions and magic. It is not easy to shoot a film like this. How can all this be so beautiful?? Not even reality.

Overall Michella'ratos - 9.5/10 (My fave after 'The Walk to Remember')

-----

Movie - Dragon Tiger Gate
With - Raymond

Based on some comic books. Names like Dragon Wong, Tiger Wong & Turbo Shek doesn't turn me on. At all. Watched this movie was a last-minute decision & was the only movie at our lousy timing.



Their hairstyles.. UGH!!~ Especially Donnie Yen's. Teruk sial ONLY THE HAIR. Serious. He's soo HAWT!!! Just hate that fringe he was having. Yucks. He's one HOT man.. why portray him this way. I drools for Donnie. His MAN level soared way up high!

His acting was very good as usual. The fighting scenes were kinda a bit fake but quite interesting. But frankly, I think they act cool TOO much, and why does Shawn have to put that fugly wig.. Errr.. then again.. this movie is all about jackets to me.



Supposedly this movie was during the old ancient era. Who knows.. suddenly there were new nokia phone blasting musics and a whole modern city skyline? I was like asking Raymond, "See our Petronas Tower?" It was a total retarded mix-up.

A few crappy scripts were really making me think twice.
1. The junior Nick Tse was threatened by a group of kids, saying, "Why you cry? Want us to wack you till you laugh???" - Errr... WTF???

2. The sexy bitch said to Donnie Yen, "I'm here to kill you, but can you tattoo my back for me??" - Errr... WTF again??!?

And nice for that Donnie's pet sis to get a guys' number. Nick looks kinda stupid. Didn't know Donnie was the action director of the movie... Cool cool. Hehe.. Other than that, I hated the title.. Dragon Tiger Gate.. !! WALAUuuuu!!~~



Nevertheless the movie of half action & comedy, they actually had a punching bag constructed, measuring about 8 feet high, 5 feet wide and weighing about 400 pounds was certified as the world's largest by Guinness World Records. Wooo~

Overall Michella'ratos - 5/10 (I'm being nice)

-----

Movie - Click
With - LayFong
This movie is hilarous. Though the part where he almost died did almost lead a tear to trickle down. Hehe. Sighhh.. Can I have the remote for a week without it programming by itself?? Morty gives Michael a one-of-a-kind universal remote control which Michael believes to be an ordinary remote. To his amazement he realizes that the universal remote is literally universal, in that it controls the universe. It allows him to fast-forward, rewind, and even pause his own life and quite possibly have the life he's been neglecting.

A few talks that really made us burst out laughing.
1. Bed, Bath, and Beyond Guy: "Actually, I don't work here. I'm waiting for my friends.
Michael: "You're kidding me?"
Bed, Bath, and Beyond Guy: "Actually, yes. I don't have any friends. Will you be my friend?"

2. Alice the Secretary: (To Michael) "Excuse me, I'm sorry to interrupt, but, um, this is kind of important."
Michael: "Okay..."
(She hands him a post-it note saying "Can I go to the bathroom?")
Michael: Go to the bathroom!!!"

3. Radio Announcer: Britney Spears is scheduled to have her 23rd child and Kevin Federline is speculating getting a job.

4. The whole conversation that Michael had with Janine (Jennifer Coolidge) on her sex life. Hahaha.. And her boobies are.. are really really HUGE!!~

I really want to know how they get all the dogs to 'do' the stuffed duck. That's great man. Hahahaha.. Poking. Hehehehe. And I really dislike David Hasselhoff. He makes me feel like he's so pathetically PERVERT. Certain interiors of the movie were nice. The futuristic especially.

Seriously, if you asked me.. if it wasn't for Adam Sandler to be Michael, the lead, I don't think the show will be as successfully-funny as now. I like the scene where he flap his tummy flats.. He said it was like a tongue. Hahahaha LOL.

The overall moral is that family should come first, then work. And Kate Beckinsale is really GORGEOUS.

Overall Michella'ratos - 8/10

-----


But still, nothing beats my fave love movie of all time - A Walk to Remember

No comments: