Thursday, August 31, 2006

puntianak merdeka

Countdown last night??
Once a year, Merdeka countdown... I was at home though the fact is that I don't mind cos I'm SO not a merdeka countdown person. Believe it or not.. For 22 years alive as a "silent patriotic" Malaysian, I had never NEVER involved in any merdeka countdown unless you take it as singing "Tanggal 31" with my sibs in front of the tv last night. hahaha..

After a mamaking session, I was chilling at home, rewarding myself by watching a local movie Puntianak - Scent of the Tuber Rose 2. My dad bought in Miri when he was there on a business trip. VCD = 2 bucks only. Cheap yeh?? Don't even ask me why he bought that puntianak movie. He didn't know why himself too.. ahahaha (see!! I watched a local film on Merdeka's night, ain't I patriotic?? Told ya I'm a silent supporter!! ahhahahah)




" Tidak dinafikan bahawa sequel kepada Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam mempunyai lebih banyak aksi yang 'canggih'... " - one of the critics' review

Err... I didn't watch the Part 1, so therefore it was quite difficult for me to digest the movie in the first place. My first encounter on this movie was.. when I went to TGV S2 for as built, the cinema auditorium door was opened, all I could hear was "Puntianakkkkkk....eeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....pulangkan anak aku...." sound effects. One weird thing that I kinda watched in disbelief was that.. do puntianak come out in the morning?? I thought only at nighhtt...

What I gained from watching this movie about "puntianak" till 2am last night were....
1. BANSHEE is the english word for puntianak
2. Puntianak climb trees
3. Puntianak can't recognised its own 'daughter'
4. Puntianak can be defeated by the 'spirit of the dancing horses'
5. Puntianak can go shopping in the morning market.
6. Puntianak can love and be loved.
7. Puntianak loves manicure & lotsa black eyeliner.
8. Puntianak loves new-born babies.







Despite the plot of the story was a bit messy.. but overall.. the acting was ok. Maya Karin's facial expression is really good... and she can act... she can bounce from the innocence-girly-virgin to some sort of evil-ghastly-bloodcurdling look, unlike some look-alike-bimbo-who-can't-differenciate-her-happy-and-crying-facial-expression model Am.. who I don't think I should mention, hor??



Nevertheless, Maya is really gorgeuos. Watching her as puntianak.. I really think she do has that natural eerie banshee face.. ahhaha. I so much more prefer watching this movie than that so-overbudget Puteri Gunung Ledang that snores its unique way to sleep.

I think I'll get the Part 1 to watch.
One day.. Hehe.

Oh yeahh.. hafway through the movie, my brother wanna watch the live screening of the merdeka countdown in Sarawak. Hahaha.. we sang 'Negaraku', 'KeranaMu Malaysia', 'Jalur Gemilang' and 'Tanggal 31' altogether.

Sissy but fun... once in awhile mar.. No harm kayyzz??? =P













Salammm MerDeka, people!!!~


ps : Berny.. thanks for your birthday card. Surprisingly touched... Didn't know got early preparation... Thanks dear. Very Much in fact. =)

No comments: